Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (08/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (08/

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

The Final Fantasy XI Players’ Collection is an exclusive series of exquisite new accessories designed to bring you even deeper into the world of Vana’diel.
    Today, we’ve begun accepting orders for the first item in the series, the Tidal Talisman!

This stately pendant, wrought in the imposing shape of Leviathan, is an exclusive piece unobtainable elsewhere.
    As an added bonus commemorating the release of the Players’ Collection, everyone who orders the talisman will also receive an in-game item of the same name.
    We have no plans to bring this item back in the future, so all players are encouraged to take advantage of this unique one-time opportunity!

Product nameTidal Talisman Price$42.99 Pendant materialSilver-plated metal Strap materialSynthetic leather Pendant sizeLength 2.5” (64mm)
    Width 0.65” (16.5mm) Strap lengthApproximately 35” (90cm)

Bonus offerIn commemoration of the release of the “Final Fantasy XI Players’ Collection”, all buyers will also receive the “Tidal Talisman” in-game item.
    Included with the product will be a campaign code allowing you to access the in-game item. (Code valid until 2/28/2009) Order deadlineMonday, September 1 at 6:00 pm.

* You cannot teleport to areas you have not yet visited.
    Furthermore, users who have not installed and completed registration for the expansion packs “Rise of the Zilart” and “Treasures of Aht Urhgan” cannot teleport to the new areas.

--------------------------------------------------

There's a pretty cool video on the site that shows what the ingame item looks like and how it works.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (

Must....

Resist.....

Must Resist........

No, can't buy!!

/fail

I hope they get here soon!
    sigpic

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Re: First Accessory in the “Final Fantasy XI Players' Collection” Line Now on Sale! (

OMG I hate how badly I want this but how little I can afford that.

Fuck the necklace thingy, I'll take the in game item. But do I really want to pay close to $55.00 (when you include shipping and tax) to teleport to Jeuno?

/sigh
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Not just Jeuno I bet - it looks like it will teleport from one to another based on the arrows. In Jeuno to Khazam (and back and forth) from the Three ntions one way to Jeuno and a back and forth Mhaura-Selbina and AhtUrgan-Nashmau.

To me at least it looks like a teleport from one to another with 6 possibilities, depending on where you are.

*drool*
        sigpic

(\ /)
        ( . . )
        C(")(")

Comment

I know, I'm just saying, that's what I'd use it for but it really sucks how much they want for it.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yeah, and it's not even that high quality metal
            It's cast, and silver plated, so it's more than likely White Metal underneath - which is high-tin so, I'm sure it's going to be bendable, breakable and flakable.

But, think of all the gil you can save on airships and chocobos!!

And the video strongly implies that you can teleport others - so it could possibly be a SERIOUS money maker on par with tele-whoring, but from town to town.

I think I still have one of those gift cards from our anniversary....
            sigpic

(\ /)
            ( . . )
            C(")(")

Comment

So now SE is pretty shamelessly selling in game items. Stuff for visiting a fan event? Ok. Nothing amazing. Furniture for buying a CD? A little sketchy, but still decoration. A very useful piece of equipment, for a crappy hunk of metal? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

At least give people the ability to buy them without having to pay for a crappy hunk of metal they don't want.

Comment

Its worthless anyway, you can get to any of those places easily under 3~5 minutes nowadays.
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

hi~ any 1 know if there is any place i can place order other than SE website? since they only accept US issued CC and ship to US only

Comment

DAMN YOU SE! give me the but it now link on the EU page!

Comment

Well, it really depends on what the recast is. If you can use it whenever, wherever, it may be worth it (mostly for the Aht Urgan <-> Nashmau part) but if it has any sort of recast, even an hour, that is way to much since as Feba said, it is to easy to get to and form those places.
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

It's funny how the main thing SE is selling is the necklace, yet yet everyone here seems to be more interested in the in-game item.

Little hint, this thing will have a 24 hour recast minimum
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I'd buy the ingame item for no more than 15$, they can keep their pendant, I don't wear jewelery nor am I interested in starting now.
                          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            It's funny how the main thing SE is selling is the necklace, yet yet everyone here seems to be more interested in the in-game item.
                            The necklace would not sell at all without the in-game item. If it weren't for that, this would just be a random hunk of metal with absolutely squat to do with the game. The in-game item, in other words, is basically creating the value for the necklace. So I'd say it's the other way around, whether SE wants to try and spin it that way or not.

I imagine the recast will be either: 1) long enough that you can't zip back and forth just for quick vendor runs or something, but short enough that you can't quite bring yourself to just chuck it in storage, so it's always taking up a slot you really wish you could use for something else or 2) so brokenly short that everyone who doesn't buy one is pissed for the two weeks it takes SE to do something else distractingly dumb.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Doesn't show a recast time on it . . . ..

Comment

Working...
                              X